Power cycling your router is quite simple but it could be an important step towards fixing many problems in your home or business network. Many changes in router or modem settings require power cycle. So it is important to know how to correctly do it.
Power cycling router:
1. Unplug power from your router.
2. Wait for 30 seconds.
3. Reconnect power to your router.
Power cycling small network:
Suppose that you have a home network which consists of modem, router and several computers connected to it over wi-fi.
1. Unplug power from your modem.
2. Unplug power from your router.
3. Wait for one minute
4. Reconnect power to your modem.
5. Wait until modem boots and stops changing its state (when all lights will be blinking in a way they usually do).
6. Reconnect power to your router.
7. Wait until router boots up and stops changing its state.
Now you can check if settings were applied and your network works correctly.